[pchelpers] Re: Font Size

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Bullock <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:12:47 -0500

Hi John,

Friday, June 11, 2004, 4:50:20 PM, you wrote:

JB> If you type size rather than selecting it you should get what you want e.g.
JB> 6  However I was on a job about 4 years ago where the size 6 font hung the
JB> network HP printers - being that long ago I don't remember the details, but
JB> something for you to be aware of if you succeed with your small font then
JB> things go belly up on the print side.

I've found that if you try hard enough, you can usually find something
that will cause problems for a particular model of printer. For
example, HP Laserjet 5L and 6L printers tend to have problems printing
Formflow documents, and certain cheap Lexmark models refuse to print
multiple copies, for some reason. I've also seen the printer driver
for some brand of printer (I don't recall what, probably a Canon)
choke on huge font sizes under Windows 98, but work fine with, I
think, Windows XP.

--Scott.