[pchelpers] Re: DIMMs & SIMMs

  • From: "Nigel" <npl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:35:45 +1300

I reckon you need as much ram as you can get if you use microsoft office!  I
frequently have problems with not enough ram (I've got 128 meg) but I am
using office and corel and protel (schematic and pcb design).  I also have
outlook express running all the time and frequently access the internet.
All this runs on W98 so it is not quite as bad as it would be if I had XP!

W98 does not benefit much from any ram over 128 meg but XP just about
*requires* 128 for itself!!!!

Nigel