[pchelpers] Re: DIMMs & SIMMs

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:22:51 +1300

Most people can get by with 128M ram. My system runs nicely with it.
This means most of the time it is not fully used. About the only time it
becomes an issue is where memory is in short supply for a while. That
shows up as a lot of extra disk activity as the swap file is used to
compensate.

If it's not doing that, you have no issue to deal with. Upgrading the
ram then becomes more a question of WANT than NEED.

In that light, where does it leave the question of slowing down by
adding SIMMs?

--
Regards, John Durham <mailto:modec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
ICQ number 112663246