[pasmembers] Re: star party South - need to know if we should take it or decline it

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:59:24 -0700 (PDT)

PAS Members,
I really appreciate all the input I have been getting about this school
situation.
We know that about 1/3 of the RSVP's could show up, so
1/3 of 2,000 is quite a lot. More than I want to count right now.
So, I would say we shoudl be sure we have 4+ scopes available
to take care of this event, before I committ PAS to it.

As far as the date, we are not doing it around the larger Moondate that they
picked. I haven't had time to get back to them,
and i did say that i would wait until Friday to reply to them, about
this situation, so it is up in the air right now but if 4+ scopes
can cover this event, we might want to do it. They said
they'd pay our telescope fee and feed us, to get us there.

I also have a question for those of you who helped me edit the
booking doc for the schools, last time we did an edit. I currently
have it listed that within the Phoenix area, we charge $25/scope.
Outside of Phoenix, it is $40/scope. The location of this event/
school, is a Phoenix address. Are we willing to do this event
at $25/scope plus food? If you are willing to do this, which I assume all of
you who said you were attending, did read in
the previous email, then I say let's do it. The teacher making
the request has had us at previous schools before, and so
she knows what to expect from us, and i did ask her if the
majority of the students there are Spanish speakers, and if
we can borrow a translator for the evening. I haven't heard
back from her on that idea just yet but i do believe we need
to put that in our booking doc. Translators needed at event,
if there are Spanish speaking people attending who do not
know English at all.
If you don't mind if I add that info, I will put that in before
sending out the booking doc to the schools who recently
contacted us. I have 4 schools looking to book events, which
I will do all of that tomorrow. Had to do other things today.

Hope you are having a super day! Thanks for the input.
Looks like we can do this event... but we will need a lot
of scopes present. And if they have no limit of how much
they are willing to pay for scopes, I say, let's provide
as many as we can on those days. I will try to schedule
it on a day I can attend, as well, as that will give
us 2 more scopes, William and mine.

Keep the conversation going and i'll give you more
details as I get them.
Anyone want to suggest a good Thursday or Friday
to do a school star party for the 2013-2014 school
season, Sept to May? I can use a little help if anyone
is interested. Remember to look at our calendar to be
sure the dates are open. Everything is current in the
calendar on line except for March. Due to spring break
at PVCC, March is a mess and i haven't fixed it yet. Thanks
for your patience. The first 2 weeks of March are messed up.
The later part of March is ok.

Terri, Event Coordinator

Also, if you want to do any extra events for PAS Members or
Public, and have an idea for 2013/2014 school season, let me know so i can get
them on the site before the schools take away the best viewing dates. Thanks.

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook Page
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor