[pasmembers] Re: Upcoming events at Phoenix Astronomical Society

  • From: AT <atuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Phoenix Astronomical Society <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:34:21 -0700

Greetings,

The July 30, 2013 CTCA event went well, and our NSTS helped.  Luckily I had my
laptop with Starry Nignt Pro running and could identify objects to help
tracking.

As usual, GPS signals are not available on the roof of the CTCA building.
Magnetic interference also negates any use of a compass, so star alignment is
required.

Light pollution was at an all time high with construction lights next to CTCA.
Saturn was the finest object to view with my pollution penetrator TAK and
special filter.

The CTCA entertainment coordinator did his best to direct traffic up my way but
because of the heat and competition from a girls with guitars performance
traffic was minimal.

The cafeteria was serving baked tuna and had carrot cake so I was set.

Albert