[pasmembers] Re: What did we decide on the weather?

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:56:05 -0700

Thank your for the weather updates, i have just sent out the cancel message
to all of PAS, PVCC, and the two public RSVP's. Now i'm headed over to
cancel it on the PAS calendar.

In case you didn't get the message from the PASAnnounce list serv, here it
is:

The weather for tonight's event shows we will be clouded out and possible
rain. We are therefore, canceling tonight's event. Please plan to attend
the next event in October, at this same location, or other events PAS is
hosting between now and then. Thank you for your RSVP's. Have a super
evening!

Terri, Event Coordinator
website calendar for more events:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am looking at the radar and satellite pics and both show storm activity
> to the north and south...south looks like it will continue to go to the
> east of us, but northern weather is aimed right at carefree, both
> accuweather , Weather channel, and NOAA are saying are saying 20-50% clouds
> and a chance of showers.
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Don, what are the different sites showing?
>>
>> After this event is done, the weather watching list serv will be used for
>> these discussions, but for today, let's finish out our discussion about
>> today's event and then we will use the designated list serv for
>> conversations about weather.
>>
>> And if anyone wants to get on that list serv just for knowing what the
>> weather discussion is going to be, let me know and i'll invite you. The
>> main Star tours group should be on it, so we don't bother the rest of the
>> members with the weather for events. its not just for the weather watchers,
>> but anyone monitoring the weather for our events.  just to keep the info
>> off the main list serv for the club.
>>
>> So, if you aren't a PAStimes Star Tour member and you want to be on the
>> weather discussion list, let me know and i'll get an invite sent to you.
>>
>> the star tours group will get the invite probably tomorrow. i'm exhausted
>> right now.
>>
>> Terri
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> The satellite pics do show clouds moving down from the north...since we
>>> are in Carefree they might get there in a few hours.
>>>
>>> Now that I have seen those we might want to cancel.
>>>
>>> I don't think we will get much rain but we might get some from those
>>> northern clouds.

>> --
>> Good friends are like stars. You don't always
>> see them, but you always know they are there.
>> Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event
>> Coordinator
>> Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
>> <https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety> Page & My Facebook