[pasmembers] Re: Weather tonight PVCC Blk Mtn

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:15:27 -0700

Telescope Team,

Based on the current forecasts, do we do this event or cancel it?

As of 11:11am, here is what is reported between 6pm and 10pm.

SourceCloud coverWindsIntellicast/Weather Underground22-27%1-5mphIntellicast
Sky WatchCompletely clouded out Accuweather45%5mphClear Dark
Sky<10%5mphNational
Weather Service28-31%2-6mph Weather ChannelMostly clear1mphWeather Bug5-20%
2-4mphSkippySky70-90% high clouds<5mphWorld Weather
Online73-100%3-7mphyr.no1-12%
high clouds1-2m/s

Looks pretty bad for a star party. :(

Many thanks to Howard, for this update.
Terri

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As of 11:11am, here is what is reported between 6pm and 10pm.
>
>   Source Cloud cover Winds  Intellicast/Weather Underground 22-27% 1-5mph
> Intellicast
> Sky Watch Completely clouded out    Accuweather 45% 5mph  Clear Dark Sky
> <10% 5mph  National Weather Service 28-31% 2-6mph   Weather Channel Mostly
> clear 1mph  Weather Bug 5-20% 2-4mph  SkippySky 70-90% high clouds <5mph
> World
> Weather Online 73-100% 3-7mph  yr.no 1-12% high clouds 1-2m/s
>

> Looks pretty bad for a star party. :(
>

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Redacted sender insanas@xxxxxxx for
> DMARC <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  Terri, the following are 10 weather forecasts as of 7 am this morning
>> for tonight at Black Mountain PVCC from 7-10 pm:
>>
>> Clearsky                        20% cloud cover
>>
>> NOAA                           27%
>>
>> TWC                              50%
>>
>> Accuweather                  65-33%
>>
>> Skippysky                     55%
>>
>> Intellicast                       45-27%
>>
>> Weather undgd              45-27%
>>
>> Weather bug                   10%
>>
>> Weatherspark                  27%
>>
>> yr.no                               10%
>>
>> Again skippy sky says no low or middle clouds, just high clouds, which
>> are usually thin enough to get views of planets, double stars, and open
>> star clusters.  Nebulas, galaxies,
>> globular clusters, and the comet may be very difficult to see.   While it
>> could be like last night, where it cleared up a lot after dark, tonight's
>> forecasts are much worse than last nights forecasts.
>> I would leave this up to Terri and Bob Ewing as to whether they want to
>> take the chance of doing the star party tonight. I think it is very iffy.
>> Take care, Sam

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook