[pasmembers] Re: Weather tonight PVCC Blk Mtn

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:34:33 -0700

Good morning PAS Members,

Using the info Sam has supplied, I wish to get input from the group. Thin
clouds are very nice to us, however, do we want to do the event with clouds?

Give me your input, especially if you are planning to attend tonight. I
appreciate all input about the cloud situation for
tonight's event.

I'll go with the majority vote. So, reply to this email with "Yes, do it"
or "Cancel."

And William and I will be there with handouts and Q&A, if we decide to do
the event.  : )

Here's the forecast from the various websites. Many thanks to Sam for
sending it my way this morning. Let's make a final decision by NOON. And I
will update the site to show how many RSVP's we have, in just a bit.

Terri, the following are 10 weather forecasts as of 7 am this morning for
tonight at Black Mountain PVCC from 7-10 pm:

Clearsky                        20% cloud cover

NOAA                           27%

TWC                              50%

Accuweather                  65-33%

Skippysky                     55%

Intellicast                       45-27%

Weather undgd              45-27%

Weather bug                   10%

Weatherspark                  27%

yr.no                               10%

Again skippy sky says no low or middle clouds, just high clouds, which are
usually thin enough to get views of planets, double stars, and open star
clusters.  Nebulas, galaxies,
globular clusters, and the comet may be very difficult to see.   While it
could be like last night, where it cleared up a lot after dark, tonight's
forecasts are much worse than last nights forecasts.
I would leave this up to Terri and Bob Ewing as to whether they want to
take the chance of doing the star party tonight. I think it is very iffy.
Take care, Sam

Terri, Event Coordinator

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Redacted sender insanas@xxxxxxx for DMARC <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Terri, the following are 10 weather forecasts as of 7 am this morning
> for tonight at Black Mountain PVCC from 7-10 pm:
>
> Clearsky                        20% cloud cover
>
> NOAA                           27%
>
> TWC                              50%
>
> Accuweather                  65-33%
>
> Skippysky                     55%
>
> Intellicast                       45-27%
>
> Weather undgd              45-27%
>
> Weather bug                   10%
>
> Weatherspark                  27%
>
> yr.no                               10%
>
> Again skippy sky says no low or middle clouds, just high clouds, which are
> usually thin enough to get views of planets, double stars, and open star
> clusters.  Nebulas, galaxies,
> globular clusters, and the comet may be very difficult to see.   While it
> could be like last night, where it cleared up a lot after dark, tonight's
> forecasts are much worse than last nights forecasts.
> I would leave this up to Terri and Bob Ewing as to whether they want to
> take the chance of doing the star party tonight. I think it is very iffy.
> Take care, Sam

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook