RE: with all this talk about RAC...

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:13:47 -0400

>> However if a someone is too serious  about availability and important of
data, he would never hire an unskilled DBA. <<

What world do you live in?  How do I move there?  The customer wants the
application to do anything they imagine without having to pay extra for the
feature or wait for it to be developed.  Meanwhile nearly half of all IT
managers in the world think a any programmer can do the DBA job.  Most of
the other half think they can save money by having a developer learn the DBA
job as they go.  If you are someplace where this is not true, stay put!

IMHO -- Mark D Powell --