RE: with all this talk about RAC...

  • From: Barbara Baker <barbarabbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:42:53 -0700 (PDT)

Rich:
We are just about to upgrade our 8.1.7.4 db's running
OPS on a 3-node cluster to 9.2.0.4 RAC.
Installation is complete; configuration will be
complete shortly.  I'll let you know how it goes.  So
far, looks great.

I was certainly surprised to hear about the parallel
instance that took 20 minutes to come up.  In our
current VMS environment, the instances on 3 nodes are
up in less than 5 minutes.

Sure do love this VMS cluster.
Sure do wish Oracle would quit screwing it up.

Barb