Re: update a 200 - 300 row table - APEX

  • From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:52:44 +1200

Hi Maxim and APEXers the list,

I got APEX 3.2 up and running using the Embedded pl/sql Gateway with
10.2.0.4 running on VMware guest Suse 10.1 and MS Windows Server 2003,...
thanks to your help

I've now read (most of) the 2 day development guide that comes with the
build and have produced a simple prototype.  I have a few changes that I
need to make after a demo, but both client and I are happy.  Nice one :-)

Very impressive.

But,...

My app was *very* simple, and therefore straightforward.  But with such a
powerful tool I can envisage creating a bird's nest of an application that
works a treat and is *totally* understandable and maintainable at
development time, but a few weeks/months down the road is a bit of a
mystery.

 I wonder how complicated a "simple" app would have to be before maintenance
became a nightmare.

How are these APEX applications designed from scratch, especially when the
app is expected not to be trivial.  And once designed, how is that design
documented?

Regards
Tony