Remote MVs.

  • From: Maria Gurenich <gurenich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 00:18:05 -0400

Yo, ppl.

I was asked if this is possible to have a database that would contain a very
specific views that are built from the source database objects so that our
security ppl could run their reports. IMHO, the ideal solution would be
building a replication site using MVs.

My question to you is the following: I am not quite sure would there be any
impact on my source database as eventually the umber of MVs can grow if I
did everything correctly and everybody is satisfied with the result.

The one who uses remote MVs - please, share your experience, pros and cons,
the speed of building replication environment, etc.. This is all is under
the investigation yet, so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot before hand,
M.