stupid question on FTS

  • From: Vasu <vasudevanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 19:34:53 -0500

I have a huge table in my OLTP DB, that has 100 million+ rows (pls don't
ask why),  and is partitioned.
I know it doesn't make sense for my App to ever do a FTS on it.. But Oracle
at times picks up FTS as the best access path (and our STATS is not at it
best yet).

It just wished for a setting..that "I never want to have a FTS on my
table..Unless otherwise explicitly told thru a Hint" .

yes, a Hint/setting can't compensate for lack of STATS.. but just that my
desparate situation/laziness forced me to think that way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Vasu