Re: stupid question on FTS

  • From: Vasu <vasudevanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Uzzell, Stephan" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 08:30:25 -0500

I think I am in a similar situation , as the stats became stale after
adding 50% more rows to the table .
I got the stats done by referring to the article by Doug.. and the list of
useful pointers are here.
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/partition-stats/

I am able to get the desired access path through hints, but not so lucky at
times.  Though I don't expect a FTS on that table, its a close call..and
optimizer may still be correct, as the specific SQL JOINing that table is
inspecting less than 10% rows.  I have all the necessary Indexes and the
Rule-Based optimizer would have chosen the expected path (Favoring the
index..than FTS ).

Will do additional analysis based on the inputs and share the results.

Thanks

--
-Vasu