Re: sql_trace deprecated on 10gr2 what to use instead?

  • From: Egor Starostin <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:53:05 +0600

> DBMS_SESSION , few optoins
> DBMS_SUPPORT, not documented
> DBMS_MONITOR, the winner!!
>
> So I think the winner is DBMS_MONITOR, unless another opinion.
The only problem is that execute of DBMS_MONITOR is not granted by
default to PUBLIC (contrary to DBMS_SESSION).
So, for ordinary developer dbms_session.session_trace_enable is the winner.

As for SQL_TRACE, I think that it's deprecated because you need to
have 'alter session' privilege (which might be a bit dangerous) for
using it. So it might be better to just revoke 'alter session', grant
execute on dbms_session to public and  document sql_trace as
deprecated. :)

--
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru