Re: Creating/renaming a clone database

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:38:33 -0500

I know about Metalink Note 15390.1. The complication I am having is that there is intially two databases on the same box with the same SID. DB1 was restored to other mount points in order to create DB2. I now need to startup DB2 so I created a script to create a controlfile with the new directory structure and I get the error below. I don't want to start it up as DB1 and run "Alter database rename file..." because I don't want to accidentally mess up the original DB1. Has anyone done this before?

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "DB2" RESETLOGS  NOARCHIVELOG
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
ORA-01161: database name DB1 in file header does not match given name of
DB2
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/d03/oradata/db2/system01.dbf'

From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Creating/renaming a clone database
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:06:05 -0500

Note:15390.1 *Subject: * How to Determine and Change DB_NAME or ORACLE_SID
rm