Re: raid 5 disaster

  • From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:26:39 -0700 (PDT)

Have you played with pipelined functions yet? If you think dumb_output is your
bottleneck,
pipelined functions will give you fantastic performance. Plus I don't think it
is only dumb_output
package. Run the Cary trace (one-oh-oh-four-six-at-level-eight-thingie) and see
where are the
waits.

Raj

--- Michael McMullen <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oracle 9.2.0.3
> solaris 5.8
> raid 5 T3's
>
> I have a server which was created for adhoc purposes. What has happened is
> this. Instead of users running adhocs, they have created a package which
> creates tables (all logging of course) based on their adhoc query. The

=====
Best Regards
Raj