Re: pricing

  • From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 21:06:32 -0600

Brian,

This is probably the most difficult part about buying Oracle software. I
would highly advise against trying to do this on your own. I have seen too
many companies try to navigate Oracle licensing on their own and end up in
an audit with Oracle years later. Then they do stuff like charge you
retroactively for features you never used but never disabled.

Talk to a reputable partner. They will be able to answer these questions.
The partner will probably be able to save you more than what they cost
through negotiations as well.

Seth Miller