Re: pricing

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:02:37 -0700

A few other things to keep in mind:

- the license is against a named user. In theory, if the user leaves the company, that license is gone and can not be reassigned;
- more theory indicates a spreadsheet of license vs name would be useful;
- the named user model saves some money for a while, but there is a cross-over where the cpu/core model is more cost effective;
- people often overlook the possibility of term licenses.

/Hans

On 24/11/2014 7:51 AM, Zelli, Brian wrote:

Ok, it has been a while since I had to price out the oracle licensing. When I go the oracle website, it shows me two options, Processor or Named User. Is that still correct? We were on Named User and probably wish to stay on that. So it says that Named User is $950 per user. So none of the cpu, cores or other internals matter? Just the $950 times the quantity will be my price?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.