RE: pricing

  • From: Stefan Koehler <contact@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Zelli, Brian" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:15:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi Brian,
you got 2 dual core CPUs (assuming "Intel Xeon Series 56XX" for illustration
purpose) and Oracle EE based on your given information.

Source core factor table:
http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/contracts/processor-core-factor-table-070634.pdf

The basic calculation would look like this: 4 "Intel Xeon Series 56XX" CPU
cores x 0.5 x 25 named users = 50 named users

So you need to license 50 named users at minimum. If you got more than 50 named
users in your database (disregarding consolidated end users in one
schema, e.g. web based applications), you need to license that amount.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Oracle performance consultant and researcher
Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: @OracleSK