Re: pricing

  • From: Steve Karam <oraclealchemist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:02:05 -0500

Brian,

I wrote an article on this a while back. Hopefully it can help:
http://www.oraclealchemist.com/news/a-few-words-on-oracle-licenses/

In your case, 2 CPU sockets w/ 2 cores each = 4 cores. For enterprise edition,
you then multiply by their modifier. For Intel chips it's 0.5 so that would be
2 EE processor licenses.

For standard edition you license by the socket. So it would be 2 SE processor
licenses.