Re: multiple inventories on SUN cluster ?

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steenbdkoraclel@xxxxxxxx, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:14:43 +0800

I don't think it can handle multiple inventories  {at least in 8i and 9i}.

I, too, use seperate inventory loc files for each installation where I have multiple installs
on the same node.

Hemant
At 07:53 PM Thursday, you wrote:

inventory_loc=/dhe/repm/oracle/oraInventory
<<
In order to patch a database you have to make sure that the inventory is the relevant inventory for that database by editing oraInst.loc
I saw ( http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/saternos_scripting.html ) the following comment :

If there is more than one inventory location due to multiple installs
<<
surprise to me :
can the Oracle Installer handle multiple inventory locations ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l