Re: delete one tablespace from all backups

  • From: August Spier <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 06:30:41 -0400

This sounds like a situation where a user inadvertently inserted classified
data in an unclassified database.  I suppose one could recreate the table(s)
with CTAS with a very clever where clause and follow up with a CREATE
CONTROLFILE after dropping the offending redo/undo.

It would be an interesting exercise if there was enough time to attempt it.

Gus Spier
Gus.Spier@xxxxxxxxx

540 454 3074