RE: Impact of auto-adjustment of Dynamic Sampling : Note 1102413.1

  • From: "Deas, Scott" <Scott.Deas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx" <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:46:36 +0000

Hermant,

According to Maria Colgan, setting optimizer_dynamic_sampling to 0 will disable
it
(https://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/entry/dynamic_sampling_and_its_impact_on_the_optimizer).

Since you have good statistics on your tables, could you try disabling dynamic
sampling at the session or query level?

Session:

alter session set optimizer_dynamic_sampling=0;

Query:

SQL>  select /*+ dynamic_sampling (my_table 0) */ * from my_table;

Thanks,
Scott