RE: delete one tablespace from all backups

  • From: "Dimensional DBA" <dimensional.dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Oracle-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 08:50:34 -0700

I think I would ask "What is the purpose of this request?"

I have had many odd requests from legal and compliance organizations and in
the end they normally are looking for a way to solve a perceived problem but
are trying to choose a way that does not match legal or compliance law or
rules.

IMHO you should step back and have the question answered first, then you
could discuss the how the perceived problem could be solved.

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

425-891-7934 (cell)

Dimensional.dba@xxxxxxxxxxx