RE: delete one tablespace from all backups

  • From: "Dimensional DBA" <dimensional.dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>, <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 07:58:57 -0700

There are other ways to achieve this which is why I asked earlier what the
specifics of the request are.

I have had cases in the past where a a developer turned on debugging and
started dumping classified data into logs that were mixed with regular backups
and under the specified rule for the data the backups were then contained with
the other classified data and there was a process for retrieval that included
scrubbing of the backups if those backups were ever to be recovered.

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

425-891-7934 (cell)

Dimensional.dba@xxxxxxxxxxx