Re: dataguard parms

  • From: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@freelists org" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 08:40:46 -0700

Howard, I would try this from the primary to make sure that connectivity
was good.

sqlplus sys/<pwd>@AUXPRODSTBY as sysdba

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

you are right about the fal**

alert log on primary
ORA-16057: server not in Data Guard configuration
4186760 PING[ARC2]: Heartbeat failed to connect to standby
'AUXPRODSTBY'. Error is 16057.
4186761 Wed Apr 08 15:29:09 2015
but names are ok - maybe too long?

exit

On 8 April 2015 at 16:25, Michael Cunningham <napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Howard, is there any chance we could get some of the output from the
alert
logs?

First thing I would check is to make sure the standby db is in managed
standby. Try running this in standby. If it is already running then it
will
just state that fact.

alter database recover managed standby database disconnect;

Also, to me it looks like the fal_* parms are backwards but that
statement
comes from not knowing what the tnsnames aliases are for each database.
The
fal_client should point to itself, and fal_server should point to the
other
database in the DG config.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Just back from holiday and my dataguard is broken. Can some kind soul
look at these tell whats wrong?
THE PROBLEM IS THE STANDBY JUST WAITS AND WAITS WITH NO ATTEMPTS AT
FETCHING LOGS.
11g rh enterprise

primary
log_archive_config='dg_config=(auxstby,AUXPRODSTBY)';
fal_client string AUXPRODSTBY
fal_server string auxstby

DEST_9=SERVICE='AUXPRODSTBY ASYNC
valid_for=(ONLINE_LOGFILES,PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=AUXPRODSTBY'

)

STANDBY
fal_server='AUXPRODSTBY';
fal_client='auxstby'
log_archive_config='DG_CONFIG=(AUXPRODSTBY,auxstby)'
log_archive_dest_2 string SERVICE=auxstby
VALID_FOR=(ONLINE_LOGFILES, PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=aux OPTIONAL
LGWR
ASYNC=102400
REOPEN=30 MAX_FAILURE=5 NET_TIMEOUT=10

--