Re: dataguard parms

  • From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 20:44:24 +0530

Hello Howard,

Instead of checking the configuration, I will prefer to look at the views
and the alert log.

Very first
1) verify the destination status

select ds.dest_id id
, ad.status
, ds.database_mode db_mode
, ad.archiver type
, ds.recovery_mode
, ds.protection_mode
, ds.standby_logfile_count "SRLs"
, ds.standby_logfile_active active
, ds.archived_seq#
from v$archive_dest_status ds
, v$archive_dest ad
where ds.dest_id = ad.dest_id
and ad.status != 'INACTIVE'
order by
ds.dest_id;

2) Review errors from primary for the remote destination

select severity,error_code,to_char(timestamp,'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
"timestamp" , message from v$dataguard_status where dest_id=9;

- It shows the errors related to the timestamp

Then based on errors we can estimate what is next.

3) review alert log of standby and primary as well (Any FRA issues?
Datafile creation? service registration? so on ... )

4) Check from Standby SQL> select * from v$archive_gap;

HTH.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Just back from holiday and my dataguard is broken. Can some kind soul
look at these tell whats wrong?
THE PROBLEM IS THE STANDBY JUST WAITS AND WAITS WITH NO ATTEMPTS AT
FETCHING LOGS.
11g rh enterprise

primary
log_archive_config='dg_config=(auxstby,AUXPRODSTBY)';
fal_client string AUXPRODSTBY
fal_server string auxstby

DEST_9=SERVICE='AUXPRODSTBY ASYNC
valid_for=(ONLINE_LOGFILES,PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=AUXPRODSTBY'

)

STANDBY
fal_server='AUXPRODSTBY';
fal_client='auxstby'
log_archive_config='DG_CONFIG=(AUXPRODSTBY,auxstby)'
log_archive_dest_2 string SERVICE=auxstby
VALID_FOR=(ONLINE_LOGFILES, PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=aux OPTIONAL
LGWR
ASYNC=102400
REOPEN=30 MAX_FAILURE=5 NET_TIMEOUT=10

--