RE: Texas Memory System Ramsan-70 PCIe Card

  • From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jdpeppers@xxxxxxxxx" <jdpeppers@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 08:38:33 -0700

My contact at RamSan is no longer at IBM.
Michael Ault may still have contacts that can help.
Iggy

From: iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: jdpeppers@xxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Texas Memory System Ramsan-70 PCIe Card
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 22:01:16 -0700

I'll put you in touch with a contact at Ramsan who may be able to help.
Iggy

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 11:19:12 -0700
From: jdpeppers@xxxxxxxxx
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Texas Memory System Ramsan-70 PCIe Card

Our College was recently gifted a couple of Servers, and one of
the Servers has a Texas Memory System Ramsan-70 PCIe Card in it.

I attended a demonstration several years ago given by Texas
Memory Systems, on hos it would make our Oracle Database 5X
Faster or More.

I was excited to see the card and quickly put it in our Test
Server - Red Hat 5. The system sees the card, but DOES NOT see
it as a drive.

Texas Memory Systems was bought out by IBM and I have spent the
past 3 days in the ENDLESS LOOP of IBM/LENOVO looking for
DRIVERS.

I am wondering if anyone on the list has a Ramsan-70 PCIe Card,
and would be willing to share the Drivers for the Card, as we
would love to see if we can get it to work with our Oracle
Database.

Thanks in Advance!

Jae
Markham