Re: dataguard parms

  • From: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 08:25:27 -0700

Howard, is there any chance we could get some of the output from the alert
logs?

First thing I would check is to make sure the standby db is in managed
standby. Try running this in standby. If it is already running then it will
just state that fact.

alter database recover managed standby database disconnect;

Also, to me it looks like the fal_* parms are backwards but that statement
comes from not knowing what the tnsnames aliases are for each database. The
fal_client should point to itself, and fal_server should point to the other
database in the DG config.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Just back from holiday and my dataguard is broken. Can some kind soul
look at these tell whats wrong?
THE PROBLEM IS THE STANDBY JUST WAITS AND WAITS WITH NO ATTEMPTS AT
FETCHING LOGS.
11g rh enterprise

primary
log_archive_config='dg_config=(auxstby,AUXPRODSTBY)';
fal_client string AUXPRODSTBY
fal_server string auxstby

DEST_9=SERVICE='AUXPRODSTBY ASYNC
valid_for=(ONLINE_LOGFILES,PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=AUXPRODSTBY'

)

STANDBY
fal_server='AUXPRODSTBY';
fal_client='auxstby'
log_archive_config='DG_CONFIG=(AUXPRODSTBY,auxstby)'
log_archive_dest_2 string SERVICE=auxstby
VALID_FOR=(ONLINE_LOGFILES, PRIMARY_ROLE) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=aux OPTIONAL
LGWR
ASYNC=102400
REOPEN=30 MAX_FAILURE=5 NET_TIMEOUT=10

--