Re: buffer advisor

  • From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 09:40:41 +0200

Hi Chris

That is why I am still questioning advisr's effciency and asking if people
has got experiences using it to size buffer cache. If we look at ASMM or
AMM which I suppose they use the advisors internally (or no?) the advisor
doesnt seem useful at all.

I just got a couple of AWR from a customer who is using memory_target, set
to 3GB and AMM set shared pool to 2GB, PGA to 900MB and buffer cache to
64MB (!?#!).

Thanks