Re: buffer advisor

  • From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 23:15:03 +0200

Hi Seth

If an app does not use bind variables then no matter how shared pool is
sized (we can set 1TB and hard parsing is still going on) hard parsing will
always occur so have larger shared pool means hard parsing will not be
reduced so I dont think ASMM should favor in such drastic way the shared
pool. AMM and ASMM are features to simplify management so Oracle can tell
customer that the database is easier to manage but I dont think experienced
DBA should rely on them. Dont you think so?

Thanks