Re: Definition of Top Class DBA

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 07:55:17 +0100

I'd also look at the wording they use to describe themselves.  Many
organisations describe themselves in similar terms,  there's plenty of
examples in of all places the University sector whom you'd expect to know
better.  It's most likely that using wording like this tells you something
about the organisational culture.

As to what makes a good DBA I'm pretty certain it boils down to clear &
logical thinking, good communication, determination, understanding of basic
computer architecture and lots of practice.  It helps if unexpected and bad
things happen to your systems along the way,  though that isn't a great
answer in an interview generally :)