RE: Something is filling up my /oracle file system - URGENT

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oradba.la@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:40:55 +1000

Hi

It sounds like the vendor is the level one support for Oracle, seen that
before its often money for jam for the vendors as they usually have to
do little work for the client but get a sizable cheque for their non
efforts. So if you have database problems you ring that vendor and they
have to do the support work and they raise a TAR if required on behalf
of the customer.
Manjula check as to what is your support arrrangement with the licenses
and see what you have and if this applies to you. How do you get your
CPU's and other Oracle patches.

I would agree its not easy to support Oracle witout Metalink if you are
doing it properly

Cheers
Peter