RE: Some Dataguard is good, lots more must be better?

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:35:48 -0700

 >>>alternative DR solutions. For people that do care about near
>>>continuous availability DG is really quite cheap - even if
>>>you didn't buy EE and is (reasonably) easy to manage. It
>>>helps that it is a somewhat old and reliable technology as well.

...the thread I started was about the practicality of using DG
for a lot of databases.  Maybe there is nobody on list that
has more than, say, 10 database that need DR, but does the
comment "(reasonably) easy to manage" hold fast if we are
talking about providing DR for, say, 10 or 20 databases?

One of our accounts has over 80 databases that need DR and
I must say that in my mind chewing on crushed glass would
bring more pleasure than trying to deal with 80 primary/standby
DG relationships... It just seems to me that at some number
of databases, the only humanly possible way to get DR would
be at the storage level... thoughts ?