RE: Some Dataguard is good, lots more must be better?

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:53:15 -0700

...ok, I want to steer this yet again onto a different runway
if I may.  What if, just consider for a moment, that you could create
a filesystem (CFS) snapshot with no interruption every 2 seconds ( yes,
I'm talking about filesystem COW snapshots to the tune of well
over 100,000 supported per filesystem) throughout an entire production
day and pick any of those to be the new read/write filesystem and expire

all others in one fell swoop?

>>back from DR DC to main DC, whilst the rest is replicating from main
DC to DR DC? How easy is that? Can the DBA initiate that him/herself, or
is there the need of getting Storage Admins and/or System Admins
involved? I dislike dependencies like that.

...yes, DR that requires both storage admins and DBAs is very
distastefull
to me as well...