RE: Some Dataguard is good, lots more must be better?

  • From: <Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:31:53 -0400

We have about 20 or so at the moment (some will go away soon) and I'd
say that the main overhead is testing failover.  When the standby runs
as a standby you don't really need to do anything with it other than run
a monitoring script to notify you if logs get out of sync.

But I'll admit that the thought of swinging 80 databases from production
site to standby site and then back again is a little daunting, depending
on how many DBAs you have to do the work.

Thanks,
Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA
x68355