RE: SQL Language Quick Reference

  • From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:40:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

FYI. I've done some followup research to build a
search tool for this function. At this point here is
some additional news. You can add some basic
functionality to Graeme's suggestion, immediately.

You need Acrobat/Reader 6.0.x or above to perform
*cool searches*. Unfortunately, all xNIX flavors are
still on verion 5.x, so *cool searches* are limited to
the windows platform right now.

The *cool searches* are defined as:
You can pass _ONE_ command line search term to
acrobat/reader when opening the file and you will get
a very nice hit list for that term in a side panel.

The syntax is:
Acrord32 /A search=Oracle C:\clinical\B10330_01.pdf

The command line technique is limited to _ONE_search
term with no white space (yes I tried to find
workaround, :-( ). But, since its windows there are
more acrobat/reader API's and techniques to do *even
cooler searches*.

The *even cooler searches* require more programming
work. These are defined as multi-word, AND/OR/etc,
match case, etc types just like Tahiti. More on this
later, as promised.

That's all. Great idea Graeme!

Regards,

Mike Thomas

--- Wolfson Larry - lwolfs
<lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Graeme,
>          Very interesting!  Is there a way to get
> this on
> http://www.orafaq.com?
>
>       Larry

ctx_ddl.create_preference('ORAPDF','FILE_DATASTORE');
>   ctx_ddl.set_attribute('ORAPDF','PATH','');
> END;
> /
>
> drop table orapdf;
> create table orapdf (docid number, pdf
> varchar2(255));
>
> insert into orapdf values
> (1,'/docs/oracle/9.2.1/concepts.pdf');
> insert into orapdf values
> (2,'/docs/oracle/9.2.1/admin_guide.pdf');
> insert into orapdf values
> (3,'/docs/oracle/9.2.1/admin_guide_unix.pdf');
> insert into orapdf values
> (4,'/docs/oracle/9.2.1/admin_guide_win32.pdf');
> commit;
>
> create index orapdf_idx01 on orapdf (pdf)
> indextype is ctxsys.context
> parameters ('datastore ctxsys.file_datastore filter
> ctxsys.inso_filter')
> /
>
> and then a simple query like:
>
> column document format a100
> column version format a12
> select
>   score(1) rank,

substr(pdf,instr(pdf,'/',1,3)+1,instr(pdf,'/',1,4)-instr(pdf,'/',1,3)-1)