Re: AFTER LOGON System Trigger

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:34:28 -0400

On 07/12/2004 10:32:54 PM, Mark Burgess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to record the logon even for a certain
> user with the following trigger code:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER SESS_JOB_QUEUE AFTER LOGON
> ON DATABASE
>
> BEGIN
>
> IF sys.login_user = 'DISCO_SCH' THEN
>     do something;
> end if;
>
> END;

Without the slightest intention of being fresh, may I ask why
SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'SESSION_USER') or simple "USER" function/variable
aren't sufficient in this case? Here is your example, revorked a
bit:
SQL> select user from dual;

USER
------------------------------
OPS$MGOGALA

SQL> create table logon_something( something varchar2(256));

Table created.

SQL> create public synonym logon_something for logon something;
create public synonym logon_something for logon something
                                                *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

SQL>  create public synonym logon_something for logon_something;

Synonym created.

SQL> grant insert,select on logon_something to public;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> ed
Wrote file /tmp/buffer.sql

  1  CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER TEST_USR AFTER LOGON
  2  ON DATABASE
  3  BEGIN
  4  insert into logon_something
  5  values(user||'''s mama wears army boots!');
  6* END;
  7  /

Trigger created.

SQL> select * from logon_something;

SOMETHING
SCOTT's mama wears army boots!

SQL>

Of course, I logged in as scott in another window.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA