Re: Run command on sqlplus repetitively without reconnection

  • From: "David Taft" <oradbt054@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Senthil Subramanian" <skumar.sen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:53:45 -0400

Senthil,

Unfortunately the sqlplus session was still running in the background when I
tried the 'print -f exit' inside the trap.  However, that got me rethinking
the problem.  What worked was the the following:

trap 'kill %2;kill %1;exit' 1 2 3 15

I realized that I had two background jobs running, the sqlplus session and
the first while loop containing the SQL.  So the trick was to kill the first
while loop (%2), then the sqlplus (%1) and finally exit the second while
loop.  No errors now when I Ctl-C and no background processes left running.

Thanks for your feedback, it did help.

David

On 5/18/07, Senthil Subramanian <skumar.sen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You could try 'print -p exit; exit;' in the trap command to exit gracefully
from both SQL*Plus and the shell.