Re: Run command on sqlplus repetitively without reconnection

  • From: "David Taft" <oradbt054@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:48:33 -0400

Jared,

I am got the following error when I tried to download from that link:

The requested URL /downloads/sqlshell<em>scripts.tgz was not found on this
server.
Also, usually when troubleshooting problems in production, I will run some
query(s) and then have to keep hitting the forward-slash/enter to monitor
for changes.  At the same time I am usually running SQL in one or two
other xterm windows to troubleshoot the problem.  I hope to use
the coprocessing script to monitor for these various changes
without continuous manual interaction (or at least this is what I hope to
accomplish).  Depending on the problem, I should be able to plug in the
customized SQL, while the rest of the code remains the same .

Thanks,

David

I find this coprocessing usefull in situations where I repeatedly hit my
forward slash key in sqlplus to see changes happening in production.

On 5/21/07, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can find a tar file with coprocess functions for use with SQL*Plus
at the bottom of the following page.   It isn't perfect, but it did work
last
time I tried it.

http://jaredstill.com/utilities.html