Re: RMAN without a repository and a total site loss

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:20:41 -0700

On 4/18/07, William Wagman <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brandon,

I think you are correct. This is interesting though as I have also been
reading along in Robert Freeman's book and he says on page 96 that
"automated backup can only be to disk, tape is not supported." Finding
the note in the Oracle docs indicating that either is supported
clarifies the issue. I think I finally see the light.

Sounds like another Oracle myth.

Autobackup of controlfiles to tape has been working just fine here.
(Veritas 5.1)

--
Jared Still