Re: RHEL to CentOS

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 22:19:10 +0100

Hi.

Well, if cost is a factor, Oracle Linux is totally free. Even in a
production environment. You can choose to pay a support licence if you
want, but it is not mandatory. Even iff you don't buy support for the
OS, the database installed on top of it is still supported.

We do all our DB and WebLogic installations, including production, this way.

There is absolutely no reason to use CentOS for anything running
Oracle, even for test. Use Oracle Linux. The code is written on it and
it is a supported Tier 1 platform. Nuff said. :)

http://oracle-base.com/articles/linux/oracle-linux-frequently-asked-questions.php

Cheers

Tim...