RE: Ordinary Tablespace Drop Hanging

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 17:21:09 -0400

I suppose the searching for the datafiles and getting permission to actually
drop them could be time consuming. Not sure if you have any additional
alert.log information or information about what the command is waiting for.

I'd suggest losing the "and datafiles" bit (after generating a list of the
files). After the tablespace becomes unreferenced in Oracle you can probably
delete the files from the OS unless something has them open.

10 is very old, btw.

mwf