Re: RHEL to CentOS

  • From: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: utahtoad@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 11:19:57 -0500

The bigger concern would be that CentOS is not supported by Oracle (as far
as I know). If they created an SR and Oracle support found out they were on
centos then they could balk on providing any help.
On May 24, 2015 11:16 AM, "David Hicken" <utahtoad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of my client's SysAdmins wants to move their Oracle 11.2.0.1 DB from
RHEL 5 to a version of CentOS (5?). I have never done his kind of thing. I
googled but couldn't find anything definitive.

I'm wondering if the database files, etc. can be moved and brought up
under the new CentOS, or if I have to move it through RMAN or the like. Is
it an in place upgrade? Will the binaries need re-installed or re-linked?
This is new to me.

Does anyone have some pointers/ articles / MOS posts/ support pages to
which they can direct me?

Thanks, all.

David Hicken
Utahtoad@xxxxxxxxx