Re: Pure Storage opinions

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 19:57:54 -0400

On 04/23/2016 06:38 PM, Tim Gorman wrote:

But attempting to control the conversation by labeling responses with which you disagree as "marketing" (or any other pejorative) is nonsense. We've all got eyes and brains and can decide that for ourselves. If you disagree, then rebut with facts, not opinions. Each person on the list can decide what is right, wrong, or drivel.

Hi Tim,
How many other tools were mentioned on this group, as a possible cloning solution? How many times was Delphix mentioned during the last few months? I am not attempting to control anything, I am just warning the readers of this group about the marketing. There is a simple truth: there are other solutions for cloning databases, which deserve some mention, with different strengths and weaknesses. Yet, for some reason, only Delphix is regularly offered as a cloning solution on this group.
Regards,

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA