RE: Oracle 10g for Windows

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:36:04 -0600

I dunno.  Today I completed an install of 8.1.7.4 (9i not supported yet by
vendor) on a brand new Windohs 2000 Server, SP4 (Tuke3 Server also not yet
supported).  It's really fun when explorer.exe crashes three times during
the install / DB create, not to mention having to explode out the entire CD
to rename symcjit.dll because of a P-IV bug in Windohs.  Did I mention the
reboots required to get the Registry crap settled?

Windohs aside, a twin hyperthreaded 3.2Ghz Xeon with four RAID-1s and a
RAID-10 setup is fun to work on...  :)

Happy Valentines Day!

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA