Re: OEM poll

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:55:17 +1100

Alex Gorbachev wrote,on my timestamp of 23/03/2007 12:30 PM:

What I like in OEM very much is monitoring part.

Yes, indeed.  Reasonably easy to get going and
the alerting can actually be tailored for example
to send email during the 9-5 hours and sms outside
and on weekends.  That's a lifesaver for me.

On 3/22/07, Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll second that.  I have been using GC for about 6 months for
management and perf tuning.  I like it, but I think some improvements
could be made, especially with the alerting mechanism.

yeah, it's a bit tricky to get the alerting going.
Tooke us a while to figure out how to do the
different levels of alarm we needed.  But it seems
to be working fine now.  Currently got GC undergoing
eval with us.  Would be real nice if it could be made
to work with SQLServer as well...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto