Re: OEM poll

  • From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rems@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:36:58 -0500

You can run a database for your Grid Control repository free of charge, as
long as the targets you are managing are properly licensed.  See Oracle's
licensing documentation for more information:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/license.102/b14199/edition
s.htm#CJAHFHBJ

On 3/23/07 6:37 AM, Remigiusz Soko?owski wrote:

> Alex Gorbachev wrote:
>>
>> Now that we are talking about it I cannot refrain from mentioning
>> Packs Licensing. Two words - it s*cks!
>> On the other hand I like the basic model - you don't have to license
>> hardware that is used to run GC so it's  easy to get couple Linux
>> boxes and you all set. If only Oracle makes packs "free"!
>>
> And where do You store Your stats (I mean GC stats)? Every
> server/instance/database keep its own or have You some central place for it?
>
> Regards
> Remigiusz

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator