Re: Noarchivelog 11.2.0.1 Restart

  • From: Ed Long <rdhm99a@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:47:28 -0800 (PST)

All I want to do is restore the database and restart. I don't want to apply any
logs at all. Even in noarchivelog I should be able to do this.

Anyway, recover database; returns the following:
1: RMAN-03002 failure of recover command
2: ORA-00283   recovery session cancelled due to errors.
3: RMAN-11003 failure during parse/execution of SQL statement: alter database
recover if needed start until cancel
4: ORA-00283    recovery session canceled due to errors.
5: ORA-16433    the database must be opened in r/w mode.

Edward Long

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
To: rdhm99a@xxxxxxxxxxx

Cc:
 oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, January 21, 2011, 2:10 PM

I'm assuming the DB is in noarchivelog mode, and that the LEVEL0 was taken with
the DB in MOUNT mode. If that's the case, a simple restore, with no UNTIL
clause should bring the data to the point of the backup. Why are you trying to
specify the SCN?

cheers
Alan.-

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Ed Long <rdhm99a@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone and happy Friday.
I have a benchmark system that I can't get to restart and need your advice.
Please understand that I've spent half a day on the RMAN user guide and
reference without success.

Here is the sequence that has worked up to now.
1: Create LEVEL 0 backup using RMAN.
2: Run Real Application Test test.
3: recycle system to mount mode.
3: Restore backup.
4: Recover to SCN. (No real logs to apply).

5: start open.
None of the recover until options appear to work.
I have an export of the application database so I can if necessary drop the
database and start over again. However, I want to understand this recovery
scenario so if it happens in the future on a system I don't have an export of I
understand my options.

All of my options end up with the system table space off line. I don't see a
way to get it back
 online.
RMAN 11003 appears to be the root of the problem although the version I'm
seeing is garbled.
Edward Long